Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Rosemary Babies




So I have this lovely rosemary plant ....  a pot of happiness.


There are few herbs that I love more than rosemary, added to the fact that this particular gem was given to me by a very special lady.  I had had a rosemary once before.  And it got moldy.  So brilliant little me sprayed some apple cider vinegar on it to kill the mold.  Well it killed it alright.  :/

This one seems to have had a rather hard winter.  A month or so ago, some of it's branches started dying.  I started watering it more regularly surmising that the vent above it was causing it to dry out more quickly than I was used to.  I pruned it.  I religiously cut the dead branches.  My anxiety grew with each branch that I laid to rest in the trash can.

So during one of the prunings, I put several cuttings into little jars of water, nestled them on the window sill, and crossed my fingers.  Sure enough!  A few weeks later they began to root!  I gave them a bit of fish emulsion and then prepared some pots.  Finally, something to do with these uselessly cute little pots.



I made deep holes with my finger and tucked the gangly long roots inside.  I cut back the tops of some of them and left others whole.  We'll see which ones do the best!



They sat on the coffee table for a while, receiving dainty little waterings.


And then graduated to the south window sill.


The greatest part is that the mother bush seems to be much happier and healthier!

Song of the day: Friend Like You - Josh Radin

No comments:

Post a Comment